PRICING ELEMENTS FOR DISTRIBUTORS AND RETAILERS
ATTENDEE PROFILE – all sales people
Pricing requires math skills, and most of us are not that good at math and some even fear it. Compounding this issue, is the reluctance of salespeople to engage in pricing discussions with retailers. This course is designed to give the attendee a basic understanding of margin and markup math and tools for selling more attractive prices for consumers (where legal).
- Explanation of Markup and Margin with testing in class. (pricing exhibit attached)
- Review of consumer psychological responses to price points
- Review of win-win pricing negotiations
- Selling different options for pricing such as two for $X, quantity discounts and loyalty programs where legal.
- Calculation of pouring costs and gross profit targets for on premise
TAKE AWAY TOOLS
ASM pricing tool
Salespeople will be familiar with the math and selling of pricing. They will have a command of the basic formulas and upload a pricing tool app to help them calculate and communicate their solutions.
Salesperson is more respected for contributing to the retailer’s success of attaining profit